
There must be a better way for us to show off the collections in the OPAC, especially for the person at home that we are looking to deliver items to in the future. I had a really "thats it" moment when I saw zoomii.com.
Built to interface with Amazon books, zoomii shows you virtual bookshelves to browse online, just like you would in a bookshop or library. It just seemed right to me. You can interact with the "books" by zooming in & out in a way that feels natural.
If you look at the site, and I recommend you do, you can watch a video about zoomii. Then just imagine LibraryThing and zoomii-type browsing together in our OPAC.
2 comments:
I like this idea as people do judge a book by its cover. I'm all for it - as long as load speeds are acceptable. Otherwised it's just frustrating!
I think it would be great. Maybe not for all the collections, but perhaps new releases etc.
Had fun exploring zoomii!
Post a Comment